Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dear Hudson and Brayden,


You are both almost 22 months old.

Time is flying by so fast that I sometimes feel I can't keep up with you boys. But I'll never stop trying.

Hudson, you seize to amaze me everyday with the things you do and figure out on your own. You are so intelligent and independent I think you are almost smarter than me already. You love to study and figure out how things work. You're mind is always going...just like your legs (is it wrong that I'm jealous you have long, lean legs?). You are always one step ahead of me...but I love it cause you know it and find it hilarious when I find you doing something you shouldn't. You have a wonderful smile that lights up a room. And that giggle! I hope you never lose that high-pitched giggle! You are incredibly outgoing especially when you wave and say "hi" to strangers. I think it's adorable right now but in a couple years I'll be telling you not to talk to strangers. ;) You are extremely sympathetic to your brother when he cries. I love seeing you pat him on his back and give him a huge. It makes my heart melt. You are always the first one up in the morning ready to start the day and you always greet me with a smile and "hi". You love to build towers with blocks and Legos and luckily you don't get too upset when your brother knocks them down. And you love to climb anything and everything. You've given your daddy and I many heart attacks. Lately you have loved to cuddle more, especially during your favorite cartoons. It's sometimes hard to get your attention when you are watching them. I'm starting to think you have an addiction. You still love books, which I'm very happy about. I hope you develop a love of reading at a young age (since I didn't until after college). I hope and pray you continue to grow up as sweet and loving as you are now.

Brayden, you make me laugh every single day...multiple times a day. You have an infectious smile and laugh that makes anyone around you smile and laugh. When you smile your whole mouth opens and your eyes just light up. You always smile (and flirt) with strangers (mostly girls) and that makes me think you're going to be a ladies man when you are older. You love to give hugs and kisses to everyone. You have a way of always getting what you want. I think it's because you are just to darn cute and you know it. You are still attached to me but are getting better with me leaving you at times. During VBS at church you had a better time than Hudson. You were always so happy to be there and never wanted to leave. You still love balls and are getting really good at throwing a basketball into the hoop. You're also really good at throwing footballs and kicking soccer balls. I think you're going to be really athletic...but only if you want to. You are an awesome sleeper and I usually have to wake you up during your naps. I mean I don't want you to sleep all day then be up all night. However I still think you would sleep at night too. You love watching Blue's Clues and I just love seeing you mimic the paw-prints with your hands. You love to color and are very good at it. I just wish you would stop trying to eat the crayons sometimes. You love to run up to me and mumble something I don't understand then smile and run away. It's so adorable I just say "yea, that's right" and smile back. I get you. You love to have your daddy's attention and approval when you play. I think it's because you like to show-off. I hope and pray you continue to be as precious and loving now as you will be when you're an adult.

These past 22 months have been the happiest times of my life. God has truly blessed me.

Love, 
Momma

No comments: