Monday, October 25, 2010

Caribbean Cruise and Pumpkin Patch

Tommy and I just got back from our 5-day Caribbean cruise to Mexico two days ago. It was a blast! I’d love to go on another cruise again soon. And we’d love to bring the boys with us—but not untill they are much older (like 5 or 6). We visited Cozumel and Calica Mexico. The water was so blue and clear! October was the perfect time to go—not too hot, just perfectly warm. And I ate SO MUCH FOOD! I think I gained 10 pounds. That’s what you’re supposed to do on vacation, isn’t it? At least that’s what I tell myself.

Day 1 was spent at sea. Tommy and I played putt-putt, ate, watched a few comedy shows, ate, swam in the pool, ate, gambled, ate, lounged in the sun, ate, slept, ate, watched a lot of drunk people do karaoke, ate, watched a couple Vegas-style shows, ate, ate… Day 2 we arrived at Cozumel Mexico. There we went on a 4-hour snorkeling trip. The water was beautiful but the coral reefs weren’t the greatest. There wasn’t much to see. Then we walked around and shopped. Day 3 we arrived at Calica Mexico where we went to the Mayan ruins in Coba. It’s the last Mayan ruins you are allowed to climb. Day 4 and 5 was spent at see again (see day 1 for list of things we did. Did I mention that we ate?). Here are some pictures of the trip. I’ll post more on Facebook since it’s quicker and easier.








But I SOOOOOO missed my boys! It was hard to leave them and I thought about them everyday. Wondering what they were doing each day, hoping they were sleeping and eating well. Honestly, I couldn’t wait to get home to see them. As much fun and relaxing the cruise was, I was glad it was over so I can be with H and B again. Tommy’s mom and step-dad watched them at our house while we were gone. They had a good time but I know they were exhausted. Brayden looked bigger when I saw him. He’s walking by himself now. Grandma taught both boys Patty Cake so they can clap and Hudson can wave too. I feel like they both grew so much in the week we were gone.

Yesterday Tommy and I took the boys to the Gentry Farm in Franklin to pick out a pumpkin, see some animals, take some pictures, and run around in the field (H loved that). They had a great time! I try to get them out of the house as much as I can but it’s hard when I’m doing it alone. So with Tommy off of work one last day it was the perfect time. Hudson got to show off his mad walking/running skills and Brayden did some walking too (however he hasn’t mastered walking in shoes yet). Here are some pictures of our trip to the farm. Again, I'll post more photos of this trip on Facebook soon.















Being on the farm really got me in the mood for Halloween! It’s my favorite holiday and I’m so excited to get the boys dressed up for the first time and take them trick 'r treating. We bought a red wagon while I was still pregnant so we’ll finally use it for the first time to take them around the neighborhood.

Right now I’m trying to plan their 1st birthday party (I’m a little late. They turn one in just over two weeks). Anyone have any affordable ideas for a birthday party? We want to have it at our house but we are still remodeling and unpacking so the place is still a mess. If the weather is good we thought about having it at a local park. Need to finalize this in the next day or two. Actually I’ll get on that right now while the boys are still napping. Until next time! E

1 comment:

Kat said...

So fun! Looks like y'all had a blast. It's so hard being away from the little people but very refreshing too :) Love the pumpkin farm pictures!