Friday, January 28, 2011

House Update..and some other tidbits

Wow! It's been almost three weeks since I last blogged. And I was doing so well!

We've had some family in town. My parents came to visit for a couple days then Tommy's mom and grandmother came for almost a week. It was GREAT! I got to sleep in while they took care of the boys, got to get out of the house by myself to run errands, and Tommy and I went out for dinner and a movie. The best part was just having extra sets of hands around to help. Plus H and B love when people come over. I'm sure it's because they get extra attention. It really felt like a vacation to me. It was good for my sanity. I hope they come visit again real soon!

Tommy and I also got to spend a day working on the dinning room while his family was visiting. We built the wall for the kitchen pantry and scrapped all the popcorn off the ceiling. And when I say "we" I say that pretty loosely. I'm really just his assistant. I hand him tools, hold drywall and 4x4s, spray the ceiling with water, and mud and sand the walls. He does all the hard work. I just sit back and watch most of the timewith a glass of tea in my hand and my feet propped up on a stool.  Anyways, we just need to sand one more time then we can paint. Here is the before photo in my last "house update" post. And here it is today.



As you can see we also tore up the carpet as well. It's still in our front yard. Our neighbors LOVE us!

I finally decided on a color. I love green shades in rooms you eat and cook in. In our last house here in Nashville our kitchen was green. I loved it so I'm sticking with green again, although it won't be the exact same shade. Since I want our dinning room and kitchen to flow together, I want to paint the dinning room green as well. Just a slightly lighter shade. Here is a photo of the paint sample. The lighting isn't the greatest but you get the idea.


The dinning room will be painted with the middle color and the kitchen the bottom color. I hope it turns out alright. I'll post more photos once it's painted. The kitchen will be the last room (in our entire house) we update. It will be the most expensive and time consuming room to work on.

So, how are H and B doing? They are crazier than ever! Just kidding. They are great. Growing so fast. I was looking at Hudson the other daywhich I do from time-to-timeand he looked like a 5-year-old kid to me. He just looked so mature! And today while watching Brayden play, he looked like he'd grown a few inches. Time is flying by.

Here are some updated tidbits on each boy:

Hudson at 14 months old: loves to do head-stands, pushes furniture around the playroom so he can climb up onto the couch and steal my laptop, has FOUR molars in (so a total of 12 teeth), likes to pretend to talk on a cell phone, says "og" instead of dog, obsessed with avocados (he'll eat a whole one by himself), loves to climb on top of Titus and pretend to ride him, likes to try to stick toys into the window HVAC in the playroom, chugs milk like it's going out of style, gives great tight hugs, has wild crazy hair that can't be tamed, and stares at strangers like they are crazy lunatics.

Brayden at 14 months old: still loves his paci, enjoys walking back and forth through your legs, laughs really loudly at strangers in stores, still points at everything and says "eh?", has no molars (so a total of 7 teeth), hasn't been liking meat lately unless it's hidden in mashed potatoes, still obsessed with balls of any kind (he's usually carrying at least one with him at all times), screams when his brother steals something from him, still enjoys peek-a-boo, laughs and smiles ALL THE TIME, loves to give Titus hugs, and still very cuddly.

They don't go back to the pediatrician until they are 18 months, so I won't have any updated weight and height info for awhile.

So, what's going on with me? I'm trying to set a daily routine for myself to follow each day. Like scheduling time to workout again. I prefer to run outdoors but it's too cold to bring the boys with me, so I'm not doing much cardio. I have started doing my strength training again and can already see a difference in just a week. I hope to make this a habit.

I saw my new endocrinologist at the beginning of the month and got some interesting news on some blood work I had done. I'll share that info in a later post.

Oh, and Titus is doing well too. Ha!

Until next time,
E

1 comment:

Kat said...

House is looking great! Y'all are much more talented in renovation than we will ever be!!