Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Makeover Time!

I haven't had my hair cut or colored in almost 6 months (which is pretty typical for me). My hairstylist just laughs at me and always says "see ya in 6 months!" She recommends I get my hair trimmed and touched up every 6-8 weeks...but she knows I won't.

So, I finally have an appointment to see her tomorrow morning. I'm ready for a change but I can't seem to decide what to do to my hair. If it was up to my husband, I would keep my hair really long, have it dyed platinum blond, and always straighten my hair every morning. I told him I'm not one of Hugh Hufner's girlfriends.

Anyways, I'm not sure how crazy I'm willing to go. I've had pink streaks in my blond hair once and had red hair for a few months as well. Both were fun for awhile but I always seem to go back to my natural hair color (blond). So I was thinking bangs (although Tommy would kill me) cause they grow back quickly if you end up not liking them. Also thinking of chopping off all my hair to shoulder length (which is about the shortest I'm ever going to be willing to go...sorry).

So here's where you come in. I've gone online and did one of those celebrity hairstyle makeover things and posted the photos here for your enjoyment. I chose different lengths, colors, curly, straight, bangs, no bangs...whatever I thought looked OK.

Let me know what you think of the styles I picked. I need to decide by tonight what I'm going to do. And if you can figure out whose celebrity hair style I'm wearing in the photos below, I'll send you a surprise! Have fun!

OPTION 1:
Similar style I have right now just with waves and in red.
 OPTION 2:
Brown with bangs. I kinda like the brown but I don't think I would color my hair so dark. Just fyi.
 OPTION 3:
Shoulder length with curls.
 OPTION 4:
Long with curls.
 OPTION 5:
Just about exactly what I have now although this color is a bit lighter.
 OPTION 6:
Short, dirty blond with waves.
 OPTION 7:
Long, reddish, with side-swept bangs.
 OPTION 8:
Mid-length, light brown with waves.
 OPTION 9:
I kinda messed this one up. It's shorter on one side than the other. Short, and bright red.
 OPTION 10:
Streaky blond with side-swept bangs.
 OPTION 11:
Auburn and long with waves.
 OPTION 12:
Similar to option 11, just not as wavy...I guess.
 OPTION 12:
I kinda messed this one up too. Shoulder length, side-swept bangs, and waves.
 OPTION 13:

Blond, straight, and shoulder length.
 OPTION 14:
Bright red, mid-length, bangs, and waves.
 OPTION 15:
Messy rocker. Ha!
 OPTION 16:
Long, blond, straight, with bangs.
 OPTION 17:
Red, shoulder length, side swept bangs, waves.
What do you think? Now I didn't pick these based on hair color. I picked based on hair length and style. So don't think whichever option you or I pick means I'm going with that hair color. Just saying... ;)

3 comments:

Jamie Coombs said...

I really like options 4 and 8! Can't decide between those two :)

I'm changing my look soon too, going for the new feather hair extension...must be the spring air. Can't wait to see what everyone pick out.

Kat said...

3,11, or 17...you are so fun! I had pink streaks for a while but it got a bit pricey...I have to bleach mine first since it's so dark...boo. Can't wait to see what you do!

Erin Jackson said...

I like 4 and 10 although I like your hair as it is! I might have to try out some fun color streaks in mine. I always liked them in kat's hair!