Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4, 2011

So, what did Hudson and Brayden do on Independence Day?

They played in their kiddie pool...while wearing their normal day clothes (including non-swimmers diapers)...

Hudson hammed it up for the camera...in his Home Depot apron...

Brayden splashed the water out of the pool...he wanted to water the grass he told me...

Hudson makes this face when you say "say cheese"...

Brayden makes this face when you say "say cheese"...bless his heart...

"Say cheese take two"...much better!

Hudson swung on the swing set...in wet clothes and a swollen diaper...

Brayden got changed into a real swimmers diaper...he was much happier...

They worked the drink cooler...

Then Hudson ran around the yard "nekkid" and gave our neighbor mowing his yard a free show (yes, I'm one of those redneck people who let their kids run around "nekkid". Hey, it's hot and I would do it too if I wouldn't get arrested.).

We all smoked some meat...

The boys ate pizza outside in the shade (and in their wet swimmers diapers)...cause the meat wasn't ready by their lunchtime...

They played volleyball...with a tiny basketball...

Hudson decided he wanted to play with a formula dispenser holder attached to a piece of string...hey, it's the simple things...

And Hudson said "cheese" again...

So, what did the adults do? Well, I forgot to get the camera out and take photos of all us older folks enjoying the holiday. That's too bad cause we had a great time. Eating, drinking, playing badminton, watching fireworks in the backyard. Great time spent with great people. I'll try to remember to take photos of us next time.

1 comment:

mysteryguy said...

Hey there - adorable kids! I found you on Picket Fence and really like what you are doing here. You'd be my best friend if you would link to me in your Blogs I Follow section...

KID BOOK RATINGS

Once you do, leave a comment on my site and I'll be sure to return the favor:)