Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Favorites

Welcome to my very first "Friday Favorites" post! Every Friday I was list a few of my favorite things. Some may be things that help around the house, food, beauty products, things for kids, ourselves, or for the men in our lives. Let's get started!

1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30
 I put this stuff on EVERY morning...no matter what! It's a light moisturizer that works well under makeup and never feels greasy. My favorite part is that it is oil-free and has an SPF of 30. Got to prevent wrinkles!

2. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
This is my all-time favorite foundation...at the moment. It goes on smooth, has great coverage, and the best part...they have a shade to match my fair skin. Plus, I have dry skin so this works well with it. It's pricey ($45) but totally worth it. But you don't need to use a lot so it will last a long time.

3. Old Navy Flip Flops

For only $3.50 a pair, you can't beat it! For that price I'm surprised I only have three pairs (black, green, and pink). I literally wear them everyday (in the summer of course). They are comfy and come in many colors.

4. Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Ahhh...my mouth is watering just thinking about them. I love love LOVE these rolls. Probably because they are sweet and need nothing on them. They are best toasted with melted butter though. They are not the healthiest rolls on the market so I only get them on special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yummy...

5. Duvet Covers




I know duvet covers have been out on the market for a long time but I just got our first set a few months ago. I love them because it saves your comforter from needing to be washed every couple weeks. Now I just pull off the duvet cover and watch it every weekend. Much easier than stuffing a huge king sized comforter in the washer and dryer. I personally like all white sets. It feels so fresh to me!

6. Hydrangeas
My top favorite flower! I planted seven in the front of my house a few months ago. They come in shades of blue, purple, pink, and white. I hear it depends on your soil as to what color they will be. Not sure if that's true. They need to be planted in the shade and get LOTS of water.




7. Munchkin Snack Catcher
These work pretty well. Both boys have their own. Of course if they hold it upside-down and shake it really hard the food will fall out. But they are great during long car rides.

8. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
I have a lot of favorite books, but I think this is my all time favorite one. There are not many books I'd read over and over again but I would for this one. I've only read it twice so far but I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon. Great story, great message, great characters. I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already.

9. Buckle Brand Men's Plaid Shirts
Now something for the men in our lives. I personally like it when guys wear "semi" fitted plaid shirts with the sleeves rolled up with jeans. Note I said "semi" fitted. That mean not too tight and not too huge and boxy. Buckle has a good selection of plaid long-sleeve shirts but you can find them anywhere.

10. Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes
I use these like crazy around the house. They kill 99.99% of germs botanically. I try the best I can to only use products in our home that are natural and chemical free. These wipes work well at cleaning up the many messes the boys make.

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear what some of your favorite things are. Share in the comments section!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Fun list! My favorite things right now would have to be Greek yogurt and my Ergo carrier for Elliot. I could live without them but I wouldn't be quite as happy :)