Thursday, October 6, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge: Day 10

Day 10: Childhood memory

I had a hard time with this one. To be honest, I don't have many memories before the age of nine while growing up in Los Angeles. I have no idea why that is. I had a great childhood. I have pictures to prove it. There are no bad memories. 

Luckily, I was cleaning out the boys closet today and found a bag of my stuffed animals and dolls. My parents have been cleaning out their house and giving my brothers and me stuff (art projects, baby clothes, toys, etc) from our childhood for us to keep. I have no idea how they ended up in the boys' room. But I'm glad I found it. Seeing them immediately brought back memories. I took a picture of the two that brought back the most memories.


Thumper reminded me of watching the movie Bambi. It was one of my favorite Disney movies and Thumper was my favorite character from the movie. I just had to have a stuffed animal of him. I have a picture of myself opening him up on Christmas morning. I searched for the photo today and couldn't find it. I know it's in my house somewhere.

The cabbage patch doll was the first "doll" I ever got. I was mostly into stuffed animals growing up but I thought they were really cute and wanted one. I don't think there was a girl born in the 80's that didn't have one. I had to have one with brown hair and brown eyes. Not sure why cause that is the opposite of myself but whatever...I was a kid.

I think they are both in amazing shape for being about 25 years old.

I think I'll make our bed (of course it's not made. Who has time for that?) and prop them up on the pillows and wait to see Tommy's expression when he comes home tonight.

No comments: