Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Down On The Farm

Fall has become my favorite time of the year. I love the cool, crisp weather, leaves changing colors, pumpkin picking, getting to wear sweaters and boots again...ahhhh, I just love it! And Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I think it's the dressing up and getting free candy that makes me love it so much.

Anyways, one of my favorite things to do around this time of year is to go to a farm, pick out a pumpkin, go on a hayride, get lost in a corn maze, and get frightened in a haunted forest. And now that I have two little ones, this time of year is even more exciting cause they get to experience it too (except for the haunted forest. I think it's too soon to start having nightmares. Let them make it to high school at least).

Tommy and I took the boys to the Honeysuckle Hill Farm in Springfield, TN on Sunday after church. I highly recommend this place to anyone living in the Nashville and surrounding areas. It was about a 45-60 minute drive from our house in Franklin. Definitely worth the trip. There was so much to do and see. Plus, children under three are free. Here is a link if you want to check out their website.

The boys had a blast! It was difficult at times to keep a handle on Hudson (a lot of my photos of him were of his back, cause he was always running away to something else). He wanted to be and see everything...all at once. He especially loved the chickens. Brayden loved getting to play basketball (go figure...since there was a ball involved). Brayden LOVED the pumpkin patch. He wanted to take home every single pumpkin. As soon as he picked up one and handed it to me, he was looking for another one to give me. Hudson searched for a short time, picked the smallest pumpkin he could fine, threw it at my feet, and then ran off to something else. Ha! Typical Hudson.

Here are TONS (and I really mean a LOT) of my favorite shots of our visit.































Whew...that was a lot of photos. I warned you.

I desperately wanted to get a family photo of the four of us all LOOKING at the camera. A guy offered to take the picture for us, but apparently my camera was a bit too complicated for him because he only took one shot...and it was blurry.


Hey, at least we were all looking at the camera for once! Oh well. Better luck next time.

No comments: