Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Park Day

It reached 60 degrees today so I took the boys to the park...all by myself. It's not easy chasing down two toddlers who run in opposite directions. So because of that, there will be no photos accompanying this post. I knew it would be impossible to take photos and watch them both carefully.

The three of us had a blast though. I loved watching them walk up to other kids and smile and wave at them. At one time Brayden tried to take a woman's pair of sunglasses lying on a bench. And Hudson tried to help himself to a woman's container of trail mix. It was hilarious! Everyone was a good sport about it.

They swung on the swings, went down the slide (with my help or course), played in the sandpit (where Brayden decided to eat the sand), and went wherever mommy was not. They never stopped moving. I'm exhausted! Either I need to get better at this or I need to bring someone with me to help keep watch.

Brayden is still a ladies man. He followed a few girls around the play area and smiled and giggled at them. At one point he tried to pet a girl's head (I think he has been around dogs too long). What a flirt! I think I need to be worried about this boy when he's older. I see a heartbreaker down the road.

Hudson didn't give the girls the time of day. He did follow the older kids around to watch them climb on the monkey bars and other objects he's too young to play on. He always wants to do things not at his level. He tries though. He's a quick learner. I bet the next time we go to the park he'll be doing those things the older kids were doing (but not the monkey bars). At one point he kept spinning in circles out of excitement (can you say "cabin fever"?). He had a smile on his face the whole time!

When it was time to go home for a nap I tried multiple times to hold Hudson's hand and lead him out of the play area and back to our car. He kept sitting down or would twist around, whatever it took for me to let go of him. Cause as soon as I did he'd take off. That boy did NOT want to leave. I eventually had to pick him up (along with Brayden) and carry him back to the car (crying...but only for a minute). Neither of them was happy to leave. I think they could have stayed all day.

We have great weather the rest of the week so I see more trips to the park in our near future. Once I get better at this (or when the boys decide not to run away from me in opposite directions) I'll bring the camera and try to take some photos.

1 comment:

Mommyto3andahusky said...

I love your blog! Your boys are sooo sweet!