Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

Happy Valentine's day ya'll! Remember, Valentine's Day shouldn't be the only day we show our love to others. That's the lesson of the day.

My parents came to visit this past weekend. I love when family visits! The boys love it too! I think I've mentioned this fact a million times.

Tommy and I celebrated our Valentine's Day on Saturday by going out to dinner at J. Alexander's while my parents babysat. The best part? My parents paid for it! Such a nice treat. Then we watched a movie at home with the 'rents. Today Tommy rented "Letters to Juliet" and got me this...


I've got the best husband!

We also had the best weather Sunday. It was beautiful! I've got spring fever bad. So after church we let the boys play in the street. I know, what kind of mom lets her children play in the street...but it's a quiet street and the boys will never remember this day.

They absolutely L.O.V.E.D playing outside. Brayden cried when it was time to go inside for a nap. I have a feeling he's going to be very outdoorsy when he gets older.

Going for a walk down the street.

Grandpa Widell with Brayden. Brayden is happy.

Now Brayden is ecstatic! That boy is always happy.

Daddy with Hudson.

Hudson enjoyed pulling daddy's hair. Daddy, not so much.

Brayden running in the street. At least he wasn't running with scissors.

Brayden pointing at something. Probably a leaf (because we never raked them up last fall). He was chasing them everywhere.

Brayden wanting to pet Bella. Hudson running over to do it first.

Brayden lost interest.

Hudson loves Bella (note: my mom was holding back Bella to prevent her from running down the street. She escaped out of the house and we didn't have her leash). I call Bella "devil dog".

Brayden in his FAVORITE swing. He cried when I took him out of it. Sad.

Grandpa Widell with Hudson.

Grandma Widell swinging with Hudson.
All in all, it was a great weekend spent with people I love. Go do the same!

2 comments:

Angela said...

looks like a great weekend! I'm so jealous...we're still completely snow covered. I haven't seen the front lawn since before Christmas :)

Maryalice said...

"at least he wasn't running with scissors" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!