Saturday, February 12, 2011

Things are a changin'

Things are changing at the Hitch household. And it's not just the house. The boys are changing so fast and learning new things.

Over the past couples of days I've been working on teaching the boys how to eat with utensils. Hudson was the one who gave me the idea that they were ready. He kept grabbing the fork/spoon out of my hand and putting it into his mouth himself. Of course the food usually fell off before it got into his mouth, but he's doing better. Brayden too. All he had to do was watch Hudson. That motivated him pretty quickly. They haven't been able to put the food on the spoon/fork themselves yet. They try though. Here are some pics from dinner yesterday.









Did you notice Brayden switches from his left to right hand and back to left again? Funny guy.

I also got them drinking out of straws now. That just happened in the past three days. Their old sippy cups were leaking so I purchased new ones with straws instead of the usual spout. They still like to hold the new straw cups high in the air while they are drinking. Of course that doesn't work. I've been trying to get them to just hold the cup down and sip threw the straw. They do it when I hold the cup but as soon as I let go they put it right back up in the air. It's hilarious watching them walking around the room sucking air. Here are some pics of Brayden drinking out of the new cup. I don't have any pics of Hudson. Sorry.

 Brayden holding the cup in the air sucking air.

 He thinks it's empty. So he gives it to me to fill up.

I get him to sit on the floor and for some reason that gets him to hold it down to get the water.

On a completely different topic, I was looking through a bunch of boxes in our office looking for a pad of paper (yes our office is still completely filled with unopened boxes). I found this...


It's a notepad I got while working at the church. The company on the cover was trying to sell their printing services. When I opened it up I saw this...


It's a log of all the pumping I did when the boys were first born. I always wrote down when I pumped so I wouldn't forget the last time I pumped and so I knew when I needed to again. This is what a typical page in the notepad looked like...


There were 25 pages of that. Wow! In case anyone wants to know what I was doing on December 6, 2009 at 2:37 am...I was pumping. And again at 5:36 am.

I'm not really sure why I'm sharing this. It just brought back a lot of memories when I started flipping through the pages. Babies are a lot of work in the first few weeks (and months). Especially two at once. They were good times though. It reminds me how much they have changed since their birth. They don't need me to hold their bottles and burp them anymore. They are growing so fast! They'll soon be wiping their own butts too. Can't wait for that one! :)

No comments: