Sunday, May 15, 2011

18-Month Check-Up and "Mini" House Update

Howdy ya'll. It's been a busy week at the Hitch household. Hudson and Brayden had their 18-month check-up last Thursday (Happy half birthday to my munchkins!).

Everything went very well. They have both gained four pounds to their weight and three inches on their height in six months. Funny they both gained the same, although they are still apart from each other. Stats...

Hudson at 18-months:
Weight: 24 lbs. (25th percentile)
Height: 33 in. (75th percentile)
HC: 18.8 in. (45th percentile)

Brayden at 18-months:
Weight: 22 lbs. 8 oz. (10th percentile)
Height: 31.8 in. (45th percentile)
HC: 17.8 in. (5th percentile)

Brayden moved from the 5% to the 10% in weight. YAY! He's gaining! However his little head is still so small. I think it's odd that Hudson's head is only 1 inch larger and he's in the 45th percentile while Brayden is only in the 5th. Odd.

Their pediatrician also recommended we start using "time outs" for when they act up...but only in three instances. One, when they do something that physical hurts someone else. Two, when they do something that physical hurts themselves. And three, when they damage property. Ha! They both were caught drawing on the wall with crayons today. I forgot to put them in time-out. I think it's going to take me awhile to remember to do that.

Now, on to the "mini" house update. After 2 1/2 months of waiting (and a threatening email by me) the flooring has finally arrived at the store and is ready for pick-up. Hallelujah! It was supposed to take just 2 weeks for the flooring to come it. Poor Brayden and Hudson have been playing on bare plywood for too long. I had had enough of the company's many excuses as to why there was a delay on the delivery 5 times (and I won't go into all the details) but I decided to write them a worded email. After threatening to file a complaint with the BBB and contacting our credit card company to get our money back...guess what?...they "found" some of our flooring at another store in St. Louis and had it shipped to our store in just two days. WHAT?!?! That's all it took?!?! Why didn't I do that sooner?

Whatever...moving on. So Tommy and I will be spending the next few days (and probably weeks) prepping the floors and get the wood installed. Very excited! This is the FINAL step! We'll be done with the downstairs (minus the kitchen) and ready to decorate. Are you as excited as me? Probably not but this is epic to me!

Anyways, stay tuned for more house updates in the NEAR future!

No comments: