Friday, May 6, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears...

...oh my!

So we didn't see any lions...or bears, but at least we saw some tigers.

Tommy and I took the boys to the Nashville Zoo yesterday. It was their first time at the zoo. Brayden REALLY enjoyed it. He's much more interested in animals. Hudson...well he just sat back in the stroller and enjoyed the ride. He did really like the birds though.

He said "bird" for the first time this morning during breakfast. It was really an owl (close enough) who-o-o, who-o-oing outside. I hear it ALL THE TIME! Haven't seen it yet.

Anyways, back to the zoo...their favorite part was the "petting zoo" area. They ran around like two maniac toddlers hyped up on sugar (which they weren't). I think it was because they were dying to get out of the stroller and stretch their legs.

And we went at the perfect time. It was during the week, at 2:00 pm, and the weather was sunny in the low 70's. Couldn't have been better! We got a great parking spot, didn't have to wait in line to get in, and there were no crowds. And one of the best parts? All the animals were out enjoying the day too.

Granted, the Nashville Zoo isn't like the San Diego Zoo. It's not very big and they don't have a lot of the animals I was hoping to see (lions, koalas, and pandas) but it's not bad. Very clean, easy to get around, and still plenty of animals to see. I think both boys enjoyed it. At least I hope so, cause we purchased a season pass to go back many more times this year. ;)

Here are some photos of our visit...

Welcome!

Look! No lines!

Hudson, you're looking the wrong way!

Some kind of jungle-gym area for kids. We didn't go in there. We will next time.

Looking at some sort of ugly swine.

Elephants!

Giraffe!

A meerkat chillin'.

Looking at the meerkat exhibit.

Crap...I cut off half of Hudson, and I think he was waving at me. Darn!

Zebras.

Brayden and I looking at the Zebras. He wanted a better look.

Rare albino tiger. Actually, I don't know if they are rare.

Some type of monkey trying to escape.

Pink flamingos. I felt like I was in Florida...for only a minute.

Hudson checking out the camel.

Brayden running from the camel. Just kidding. He wasn't running away. Just running to the next animal.

Admiring the camel again.

Brayden excited about the "I can't remember what those animals were called" animals.

Had to add in this photo. It makes me smile.

checking out the fishes, frogs, and turtles.
Next time we hope to ride the merry-go-round and spend some time playing in the children's jungle-gym area.

No comments: