Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My "Sorta" Vacation

I took a vacation last week. OK, maybe it wasn't a "real" vacation since I had the boys with me but at least we got out of town for a while. So technically it was NOT a vacation at all.

I decided to take the boys to Knoxville for a few days...and it turned into 11 days. Tommy had to work, my grandfather and brother were in town, and my dad took a week off so I thought it would be the perfect time for a visit. I had planned to stay about five days then Tommy decided to come in the following weekend to visit his step-dad in the hospital so I figured I'd just stay until then and follow him back home.

It was the hardest 11 days with the boys EVER! I didn't realize how hard twins could be until you change their schedule and routine and put them in a house that's not childproof. I was constantly chasing them from room to room yelling "no, don't touch that" and pulling them off the stairs. They pulled open every drawer, cabinet, and door they could find. I wish Tommy were with me. Man-on-man coverage is much easier. And one of the boys (I won't say which one) acted like the biggest spoiled brat (which is very unusual for him) and cried and screamed most the time. If he tumbled or lost a toy it was the end of the world as he knew it. I think the boys officially made up my brother's mind about having kids...

It wasn't all bad though. They LOVE the outdoors so anytime we were outside they were the happiest little guys. And the pool! They love the pool, especially Hudson. He is too confident with his swimming skills. He'll just jump right in and try to swim. Scares me half to death.

Once we got home (which was one of the top 10 happiest days of my life) they went right back to their happy selves. That just shows how important schedules, routines, and familiar surroundings are to kids. Now we just have to work on getting back to Nashville time. It's amazing what a one-hour time difference does to toddlers.

Anyways, here are some pictures from our trip...

Hudson "drawing" with chalk.

Hudson giving me the evil eye.

Hudson watering the plants for grandma. As you can see, he watered the concrete more than the plants.

Brayden

Brayden "drawing".

Brayden hamming it up.

Heading to the neighborhood pool!

Hudson splashing.

Hudson still splashing.

Hudson splashing some more.

Hudson and grandpa...splashing. Do you see a trend?

Brayden getting out of the "big pool" with grandma.

Brayden playing with "his" ball.

Brayden still has that ball.

What a surprise...Brayden is still holding the ball.

Brayden with GREAT grandpa.

Grandma tickling Hudson.
 I hope to start blogging more regularly again. It's been hard to blog ever since I removed the boys' mid-morning nap (oh how I miss that nap!). I've been writing this post in the playroom with the boys and have had to stop writing at least 13 times already. They keep climbing up on the couch with me and try to push all the keys on my laptop. My blogging is better when they are asleep. :)

No comments: