Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday's House Update: The Dinning Room

I didn't have any time yesterday to write my "Monday's House Update" post. I've been taking up random jobs here and there when possible (meaning when Tommy is home so I can leave the boys with him, or if I can do the job from home). But I'll still try to find the time to keep blogging.

So, alrighty...onto the dinning room update...

The dinning room is kinda in the same state as the family room. It still needs decorating and finishing touches but at least there's furniture in the room and it's usable.

The furniture is all "family heirlooms" (which is just another name for "furniture no one else in the family wanted"). Ha ha! I'm only somewhat kidding. The dinning room table, chairs, hutch, and Victorian chair are all from Tommy's mom. She didn't want them anymore...and since we didn't have any dinning room furniture (we sold our last set when we moved into this house) we took them. The buffet table is from Tommy's late grandmother and my grandfather built the grandfather clock (hence the name). They don't all necessarily go together and aren't really our style, but I plan to make it all work. :)

The mirror above the fireplace we brought with us from our house in Knoxville (from 6 years ago) and the rug is new. That's about all that is in the room. I still need to hang stuff on the walls, get curtains, and make a runner for the table. I plan to reupholster the dinning room chairs but I haven't found the fabric I want to use yet. I also really want to reupholster the Victorian chair in some cool, modern designed fabric to update it a bit. It's way too complicated of a chair for me to do and I don't know how much someone would charge to reupholster it. Probably a lot. I'll have to look into it.

Here are two photos of what the room looked like before we purchased the house:



I should really include some photos of the in between stages during the remodel, but I don't feel like searching through dozens of albums right now. Maybe another day.

Anyways, without further ado, here are the photos of the dinning room as it looks today:






Did you noticed the smooth ceiling? All the remodeling was all worth it just for that!

No comments: