Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 1: Last Meal

Last night for dinner I had Jets Pizza (the square is the BEST) with black olives. OMG it was so good! On top of that, our new neighbor dropped off homemade brownies. So of course I ate a few of them too. Then, as usual, I felt gross and sick to my stomach afterwards. As a diabetic I always feel sick after consuming too much sugar and carbs which is another reason why I’m doing this “no four, no sugar” diet.

So, I woke up this morning, stood in my kitchen (of course AFTER I already feed, burped, changed diapers, and dressed both boys for the day and put them in the playroom), and had no idea what I was going to eat. What can I eat???

According to the book I purchased, “Dr. Gott’s No Flour, No Sugar Diet” by Dr. Peter H. Gott, MD, I can eat anything that DOESN’T have the following words in the list of ingredients:

FLOURS:
all-purpose flour
pastry flour
cake flour
whole wheat flour (that makes me sad… I was hoping I could still eat this)
unbleached flour
rye flour
rice flour
brown rice flour
corn flour
barley flour

Let’s just say ALL FLOURS are off-limits.

SUGARS:
Cane sugar
beet sugar
brown sugar
raw sugar
molasses
honey
evaporated cane juice
corn syrup (especially high fructose corn syrup)
maple syrup
brown rice syrup (sounds pretty gross)
glucose
sucrose

So for breakfast I had 3 scrabbled eggs with a little bit of cheese and a handful of almonds. I really need to go grocery shopping!

Lunch: carrots and French fries. Great combo I know. Dinner: grilled chicken, corn, and rice. Much better.

Going to the grocery store tomorrow to stock up on more things to choose from.

Till tomorrow!
E

P.S. It was SOOO great looking in the frig this morning to see AND smell my leftover black olive pizza. It smelled so good my mind was trying to convince me to start my diet tomorrow instead. Yea, and the two remaining brownies were on the counter. Proud of myself…I didn’t have any of it. I think I’ll freeze the leftovers until I’m off the diet. ;)

No comments: