Friday, November 19, 2010

Popcorn

I LOVE popcorn! But not on a ceiling. Our new house was built in 1987. I think all homes built before the 90's have this "feature" (or what I like to call a "problem") on their ceilings. Yuck! We are slowly going room-by-room and scraping it off. So far we've completed the bonus room (aka playroom), the office, and now the family room. Here's a photo of the ceiling in the process of getting de-popcorned.


I spray the ceiling with water and Tommy scraps it with a special tool. It comes off fairly easily. Now we need to mud and sand the ceiling a few times before we can paint it. Tommy wired the room for surround sound with the wires hiding behind the crown molding. I'll be painting the room a blue-gray color once all that is finished. Last will be ripping up the carpet and putting down wood flooring.

We usually work on the house during the boys' nap times or bedtime but we did this last night while they we still playing in the playroom. I check up on them a lot. I usually sneak up the stairs and peek around the corner without them seeing me. Well, last night, this is what I saw when I peeked in on them...


They were just chillin' watching cartoons (I had to grab the camera and take a picture). We bought those chairs for them with money we got for their birthday. Great present for a 1-year-old! I have the BEST boys!

Publish Post

No comments: